Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hybrid Home Decor

Hi everyone, it's Tanyia again! I wanted to share with you a cute little project I just did. It is actually sitting in my kitchen on the counter in the back. We are always running out of pens and pencils when we need them, so I decided to customize a little cute pen holder.

That is one of the greatest things about making hybrid products... you can buy a generic, cheaper, plain type of item and customize it any way that you want with all of the digital scrapbooking supplies in your stash! Not too mention when you receive a compliment on something it feels great to say, "Oh, that? I made that."

This one is basically a black cardboard pen caddy I purchased at Target and then designed the front  and sides for. I printed it out flat this time as I did not want anything get torn off, since this is something that will be handled often.

I am using Sunday Brunch from Christy Lyle. It is being released at 9th&Bloom on Friday... so you get a little sneak peek here! Keep an eye out in her store on Friday to see the whole kit.

Tada... my pen caddy!


Hopefully, I will get to bring you more fun goodies next month! Until then, Happy Scrappin'!
-Tanyia

No comments: