Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hybrid--Matchbook Mini-Notebook

Happy Wednesday!!! Yay, we're half way through the week. Amanda here, and I'm so thrilled to be bringing you another round of hybrid fun with Christy's amazing designs.

Today I've got a matchbook mini-notepad, perfect for jotting down those things you need to remember. I've got this one all dolled up & looking Christmas-y, perfect for putting all those things your kidlets run around saying they want for Christmas.
Can you tell that I've got a mini-child in my house, who thinks they 'need' any & all toys they see advertised on TV?!

I'm working in PSE 5, but it shouldn't matter, which program you're working in because that part is super, super simple.

I started out with a blank canvas, that was 2.5 inches wide & 6 inches long. Then I put in a little brain work & decided that my matchbook would be about 2.5 inches tall when it was done. I created my layout by placing some guidelines at 3/4", 1 " & 3.5" . This separated my book into the sections I would need to design, this is going to be the cover for our little note pad.

**Note that the top section is going to flip up, so you'll need to design it upside down.

Added some papers & embellies & wah-lah, beautiful!! You can fit more than one of these on a sheet, but I've only done one for today.



Print it out on card-stock (I just used, regular ol' white card-stock). Cut out & fold up, where you had the guides in your designing program & we're almost done.


Take a blank sheet of paper, maybe 2 or three depending on how thick you want your notepad & cut it into squares that are small enough to fit in the book, about 2.25". You'll need to score the cover in four places before inserting the papers. Score the cover at .75", 1", 3.25" & 3.5 ", I don't have a fancy scoring tool, so I use the back of a tiny pair of scissors, cutting mat & ruler.


Stack them neatly, place them inside the match book, staple near the center.




Fold the little short side up over, secure it with a little glue, or if you want the rustic staple on the outside look, you can staple it, I didn't do either & just left it as is. Flip the top cover down, tuck in & there you have it, a super cute, little matchbook notepad for all your notes on the run.



Created using A Year in the Life: December . Get it here or purchase it with the entire Year in the Life Collection here.

Come back & link us up to your little matchbooks & we'll leave you some love!

~Amanda

No comments: